Saturday, March 26, 2011

painted fields


The Northwest is perfect for so many reasons. I pick blueberries in the summer and I sip cider in the fall. In the spring, I return home and enjoy all my favorite little places. And I mostly anticipate the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival. Everything about it is lovely, including the drive. I see little farms and fruit markets out my window as we pass through endless countryside. I see little plots of land with gardens and white houses and wonder about my life. 

Then we happen upon the fields of tulips, quite literally painted with colors. This earth grows us the best gifts--gifts that imprint upon our souls. That is what I shall do as soon as the last test is taken and my little collection of clothing and furniture is neatly sorted and organized. 

Also, this year's poster (above) is my favorite. You can see them all here

No comments:

Post a Comment