Sunday, February 21, 2010

{Appreciated} artists



Who else out there often finds themselves admiring something online or in a shop only to say I could make that, mentally store the idea away in a messy pile of psychological sticky notes, and walk away?

Well, call me an overly confident crafter, but that's me. Thus, my favorite artists are those who's work I absolutely, painstakingly cannot mimmic in any way. And this is why Lisa Golightly is one of my heroes. (It may also have something to do with the fact that she has the same name as a certain Holly Golightly, who is also one of my heroes...heroines?)

Lisa's Etsy shop, Kiki and Polly is whimsical and happy. There you can also find her website and blog, and start planning which of her works you'll hang on the imaginary walls of the charming house you do not yet own. Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment