Thursday, May 30, 2013

new eyes


 It's hard to talk about teaching. When people ask you what you do and you tell them you're a teacher, they always have their two cents to contribute. Which, great! I've got lots to learn! The thing is, everyone had teachers for years and years of their lives; everyone knows a teacher. That makes it impersonal. For me, though, it's so personal. Done right, it's almost intimate. As in, close and personal.

One of the greatest decisions I ever made was when I was six years old and I wanted to be a teacher and I wanted an overhead projector and I had no idea what I would be getting myself into. I did get that overhead projector and I did play school in my room for years and years, and I did cry myself through student teaching ten years later.
And, it's been the best thing ever.
Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment